高中英文美文精選
高中英文美文精選
英文美文十分適合高中的同學用來晨讀,下面學習啦小編為大家?guī)砀咧杏⑽拿牢?,希望大家喜歡!
高中英文美文:母親教我的
My mother taught me to appreciate a job well done:
母親教我如何珍惜他人辛苦勞動:
"If you're going to kill each other, do it outside. I just finished cleaning!"
如果你們要打架,到外邊打去我剛整理好房間!
My mother taught me religion:
母親教我什么是宗教:
"You better pray that will come out of the carpet."
你最好祈禱那個東西能從地毯下冒出來。
My mother taught me about time travel:
母親教我什么是時間旅行:
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!"
你要是不改,我把你一把推到下周三!(意為:不讓過周末。)
My mother taught me logic:
母親教我什么是邏輯:
"Because I said so, that's why."
為什么?因為我就是這么說的!
My mother taught me foresight:
母親教我什么是遠見:
"Be sure you wear clean underwear in case you're in an accident."
一定要穿干凈內衣,以防萬一你遇到事故。
My mother taught me about contortion:
母親教我什么是柔體雜技:
"Will you look at the dirt on the back of your neck!"
你能不能看看你脖子后面的泥!
My mother taught me about stamina:
母親教我什么是耐力:
"You'll sit there till all that spinach is finished."
坐在那兒,直到把所有的菠菜吃完。
My mother taught me about weather:
母親教我如何識天氣:
"It looks as if a tornado swept through your room."
好像有龍卷風席卷過你的房間。
My mother taught me how to solve physics problems:
母親教我如何解決物理學問題:
"If I yelled because I saw a meteor coming toward you, would you listen then?"
如果我高聲叫喊,是因為我看見有一顆流星正朝你俯沖而來,那你會不會聽我的話?
My mother taught me about envy:
母親教我什么是嫉妒:
"There are millions of less fortunate children in this world who don't have wonderful parents like you do!"
這世界上有數百萬不幸的孩子,他們可沒有你這么好的父母。
高中英文美文:冬天來了
The next day the Swallow flew down to the harbour. He sat on the mast of a large vessel and watched the sailors hauling big chests out of the hold with ropes. "Heave a hoy!" they shouted as each chest came up. "I am going to Egypt!" cried the Swallow, but nobody minded, and when the moon rose he flew back to the Happy Prince.
第二天,燕子飛到下面的海港。他停落在一條大船的桅桿上,望著水手們用繩索把大箱子拉出船艙。伴著他們“嘿喲!嘿喲!”的號子聲,大箱子也一個個被拉了上來。“ 我準備去埃及了!”燕子喊道,可是沒有人在意他。當月亮升起后,他便飛回到快樂王子的身邊。
I am come to bid you good-bye," he cried.
我是來和你道別的,”他叫著說。
Swallow, Swallow, little Swallow," said the Prince, "will you not stay with me one night longer?"
燕子,燕子,小燕子,”王子說,“你不能再陪我一晚嗎?”
It is winter," answered the Swallow, "and the chill snow will soon be here. In Egypt the sun is warm on the green palm-trees, and the crocodiles lie in the mud and look lazily about them. My companions are building a nest in the Temple of Baalbec, and the pink and white doves are watching them, and cooing to each other."
冬天來了,”燕子答道,“這兒不久就要被冰雪覆蓋。而在埃及,溫暖的陽光照在翠綠的棕櫚樹上,鱷魚們躺在泥沼中,懶洋洋地環(huán)視著周圍。我的伙伴們正在巴爾貝克古城的神廟里筑巢,那些粉紅和白色的鴿子們一邊望著他們勞動,一邊咕咕地互訴衷情。
Dear Prince, I must leave you, but I will never forget you, and next spring I will bring you back two beautiful jewels in place of those you have given away. The ruby shall be redder than a rose, and the sapphire shall be as blue as the great sea."
親愛的王子,我必須離開你了,但我永遠都不會忘記你的,明年春天我會帶兩顆美麗的寶石給你,彌補你失掉的那幾顆,紅寶石會比紅玫瑰更嬌艷,藍寶石會和碧海一樣湛藍。
高中英文美文相關文章:
1.高中英語美文閱讀
2.高中晨讀英語美文